Changing expired MPNS certificates causes a 403 error response RRS feed

• Question

• Our MPNS certificate expired so we bought another and uploaded it successfully to dev center, but we were receiving 403 forbidden error when trying to submit pushes. I read that the friendly names on the certificates had to match, so I updated the friendly name to match and uploaded the adjusted certificate, but instead of replacing the previous uploaded certificate I now have two certificates with the same thumbprint showing which does not look correct. We are still receiving the 403 Forbidden errors:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

How do we get MPNS back online, and delete the duplicate certificate?

Friday, October 4, 2013 8:48 AM

Answers

• The issue seems to be around the certificate was exported with the extended properties included. No errors were shown and the certificate uploaded fine but wasn't being accepted at the MPNS URI's. We exported the certificate again without the extended properties being included and it resolved the issue when using this certificate.

Frustratingly the certificate shouldn't be accepted in dev centre if it is unusable, and a clear error message displayed, as this would have saved me and my team many hours of trial and error.

Friday, October 4, 2013 11:21 AM