Error when creating "Oracle Database Project" in Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• User101928519 posted

Hello,

I opened an oracle SR ticket for this but I also think this may not be oracle related; i'm not sure.

When attempting to either add an "Oracle Database Project" to a current solution or a new solution in Visual Studio, It creates the initial folder but then quickly fails with the following statement:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectAggregator, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This seems to only occur when trying to add a project based on the "Oracle Database Project" project template provided via the Oracle ODAC.

ODAC version: 12.1.0.1.2 x32bit.
    Visual Studio version: 12.0.30501.00 Update 2
    .Net Framework version: 4.5.50938
    OS version: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

This project template was working fine a number of months ago, although this is likely irrelevant system system versions have changed since then (VS update 2, windows updates, etc).

If anyone has any input on the matter, or specifically where I can search for error logs that pertain to this error, would be helpful.

Thanks,

-joel

Thursday, June 5, 2014 10:28 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi joel,

If I am understanding your request properly, yes I am having the issue when trying to create a project using this template.

According to your description above, it's recommended to get help from Oracle site: http://www.oracle.com/index.html.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 10:38 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi joel,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectAggregator

Accrording to the error message above, this issue is related to "Oracle Database Project" project, some assembly is missing when load the file.

I'd like to suggest you to create a simple "Oracle Database Project" project, and use it on your side, and check whether it has same issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Friday, June 6, 2014 2:10 AM
  • User101928519 posted

Hi Angie,

Thank you for your response. I think I may have mis-communicated what is going on here. The "Oracle Database Project" is a project template. I cannot create a project with that template due to this error. So, If I am understanding your request properly, yes I am having the issue when trying to create a project using this template.

-joel

Friday, June 6, 2014 8:29 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi joel,

If I am understanding your request properly, yes I am having the issue when trying to create a project using this template.

According to your description above, it's recommended to get help from Oracle site: http://www.oracle.com/index.html.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 10:38 PM
  • User101928519 posted

I'm marking your response as an answer since you were kind enough to help. Over at the MSDN forums we were able to dertermine there was a systemic problem with VS on my machine; it turns out that even SQL Server project templates were hitting the same error. I am getting a new SSD and hopefully a clean install of everything down to the OS will resolve this issue.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:43 AM