none
64-bit VBA Excel Macro no longer working on 32-bit System. Compile error in hidden module. ThisWorkbook. RRS feed

• Question

• My system: Windows 7, 64-bit 2010 Office.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses macros embedded into its sheets. The spreadsheet has been working fine since 2005. I upgraded to 64-bit in 2010 and have made changes to the spread sheet with no problems. 32-bit systems have had no issue with the spread sheet. However, now after making coding changes, we have found that 32-bit system get the error while it runs fine on my 64-bit system. Only coding changes have been performed and no controls have been modified but now all 32-bit system give this error when the spreadsheet is opened: "Compile error in hidden module. ThisWorkbook."

There are no Declares in the spreadsheet. Mostly reads inputs off of a datainput sheet and performs calculations after clicking the calculate button. The workbook does do a check of the input data every time a change event occurs on the datainput sheet to determine if the calculate button is enabled. Why is this error occurring now after working for so long? How do i fix this! Very frustrating to be the only one in the office that can run this spreadsheet and this spreadsheet is distributed state wide by the DOT to all consultants!!!!!!

Please help with idea!

Tom

Friday, November 16, 2012 6:55 PM

All replies