none
All .doc and .xlsx files got converted into .scr format RRS feed

• Question

• I'd mounted my folder on a virtual windows xp (probably contaminated with screen saver virus) which in turn, infected all my doc and xls documents. Converted all of those into screensaver format. which now I am unable to open. Can somebody please help? what can be done ? shall we be parsing .scr file headers and removing it? anybody on idea of how to remove headers etc stuff ?
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hello Shubham,

I would suggest you try to simply change back the file extension. If it does not work, I think it is be tampered with some virus and unabled to be recovered now. 

Any way, this forum(Developing Apps for Office 2013) is for discussing development issue related to Office Java Script Api and your issue is not related to this. So I will move the thread to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 26, 2018 7:30 AM