properties window doesn't refresh RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    when I use Blend, properties window sometimes forgets to change to the object that I have selected.
    It gets very frustrating, because for example I select my Gird2, but the previous work was on Grid1,
    and the properties window doesn't refresh, so I'm changing the wrong object parametars.
    I have to hide/show properties every time it freezes, but now I have noticed that when I scroll the
    list of my objects, it will refresh properties window every time.
    So besides only clicking on an object i have to go up and down with my mouse scroll wheel.

Can anyone help..
    Could it be maybe because of slow graphics adapter, because I have Intel onBoard (on my laptop)
    which Vista grades with 3,1 points.

kind regards,

ivan
    Friday, May 23, 2008 7:44 PM

All replies

• Ivan,

I'm not exactly sure what may be causing the problem, but if you experience this issue when clicking on an object name in your Objects and Timelines list, see if double-clicking the object name is a suitable workaround.  Double-clicking the object activates it (yellow border). 

Best regards,

Jonathan - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights
    Friday, May 23, 2008 8:21 PM
  • Thanks Jonathan,
    it's not a long run solution, but it's the best I have right now.
    I think that I'm maybe low on RAM memory (1GB) though.

Kind regards,

Ivan
    Friday, May 23, 2008 9:59 PM
  • Howdy,

This is a long running issue with Blend, and is well known to the MS team... I personally have logged this issues through each build into Connect... it still isnt fixed, but it is a lot better then it used to be.

It occurs more frequently as you have large amounts of xaml in a single object... make sure you break things up into user controls as much as possible..

I work around is to click F11 to cycle through the windows.. anything like this that causes the property panel to update....

I think low RAM is also a partial cause...

Cheers

Learn Expression Blend at learnexpressionstudio.com -- my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

I've also found that when you dock and undock the Properties windows (upper right corner of window) helps to refresh it too!

Carleton
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:05 PM