none
`Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Code generation > Enable String Pooling` lacks the default option, that is, if it's No or Yes.

Question

• The associated project is run with `Full Optimization`(/Ox). I believe the default is `Yes` in this case, but shouldn't this option be shown on the right pane, for the item?
    Sunday, July 03, 2016 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi John Kalane,

As far as I know.  This is by default. You need to manually select the value of the Enable String Pooling.

And if you feel it should have a default value and the value is Yes.  I suggest you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio.

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by John Kalane Monday, July 04, 2016 1:28 PM
    Monday, July 04, 2016 2:43 AM

All replies

• If I understand what you are saying then no, it should not show. Did you click on the down arrow? If it shows Yes and No when you click on the down arrow then everything is normal.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, July 04, 2016 1:26 AM
  • Hi John Kalane,

As far as I know.  This is by default. You need to manually select the value of the Enable String Pooling.

And if you feel it should have a default value and the value is Yes.  I suggest you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio.

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by John Kalane Monday, July 04, 2016 1:28 PM
    Monday, July 04, 2016 2:43 AM
  • The advantage of having it the way it is is that we can quickly see what has been changed from the default. The alternative is to use a bold font and I suppose that would work.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, July 04, 2016 3:08 AM