InfoPath 2007 - Can not pull in data from Sharepoint 2007 Lists RRS feed

• Question

• My first foray into InfoPath 2007. I'm trying to do a simple form that gets data from a SharePoint 2007 list and populates a dropdown box. I've seen a lot of examples but seem to be running into a wall of some kind.

Imagine a form with one dropdown box. When I preview it...no problem. Once I define a secondary data connection I get issues. I get these three warnings:

1) Warning: This form is using your indentiy to connect to data sources...

2) One or more data sources that are required to open this form are not available. They may be temporarily offline or your computer might not be connected to the network. To try to connect to data sources click "Try to Connect". To use previously stored data, click "Work Offline"

3) InfoPath contacted a data source but failed to receive data. The form will load without the requested data Details: The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: ReportingList-Standards.

InfoPath cannot run the specified query. The SOAP message cannot be parsed.

I can pull the SharePoint list up and look at it, change data, etc. through the browser. Can someone point me the way forward? Thanks!

Friday, May 31, 2013 10:12 PM

All replies

• Seems like the second warning is where the issue lies. The secondary data source that was defined is not available when the form is previewed
    Saturday, June 1, 2013 1:47 AM
  • InfoPath is perplexing. By creating a rule to query the secondary data connection in the "Tools/Form Options/Open and Save" I can get the fields populated from the SP List but I continue to get the warning that says "InfoPath contacted a data source but failed to receive data. The form will load without the requested data"

Anyone have a clue as to why this message appears every time I preview the form?

Saturday, June 1, 2013 4:53 AM