none
Clearing a flag on a ReportItem in Outlook 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• A former client has asked me for help with an Outlook 2003 issue. He has set up rules that set a colored flag on inbound messages from certain people. The rules will set this flag on both regular messages (MailItems) and message-read receipts (ReportItems). Once he has dealt with the message, he wants to clear the flag. This is easily done on a MailItem, but the ReportItem object does not supply a way to do so, either through the user interface or the object model. Still, the flag is appearing, so there obviously is some hidden property. I have searched for a MAPI property to alter to turn off such a flag, without success. Can anyone tell me how to alter the flag icon on a ReportItem?
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• You can see the properties that change when a flag is flipped on in OutlookSpy (click IMessage | Watch).

When the flag needs to be cleared, these properties need to be set/deleted.

x8024000B (TaskComplete) false
    0x80250003 (TaskStatus) 0
    0x80770005 (PercentComplete) 0
    PR_FLAG_ICON 6
    PR_FLAG_STATUS 2
    PR_REPLY_REQUESTED true
    PR_RESPONSE_REQUESTED true

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

• Proposed as answer by Terry Xu - MSFT Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:37 PM
  • Hi John F.Eldredge,

Thanks for posting on MSDN forums.

The support for Office 2003 has been ended. I failed to reproduce your issue since we do not have outlook 2003.

In my opinion, if "set a colored flag" means setting a categorize for the report, you could still try to clear Categories Property to clear the color.

If it does not mean setting a categorize, I would suggest you refer to Dmitry's reply to use the OutlookSpy tool.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:29 AM