We don't have any crash data to show you RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have an App now in the Store for about one week. The quality page says "We don't have any crash data to show you".

I know, there are some crashes, and we have the telemetry option enabled in our account.

Why is the crash count still zero?

Thanks

Jürgen

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:46 PM

Answers

• Even though app crashes might be reported to you through other channels, data is not collected unless the customer agrees to share it. Telemetry data is collected
    only from customers who have opted in to the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP). Please read the help article on Telemetry data for more information.

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:40 AM

All replies

• Ditto. I've received two bad reviews about crashes, yet I have zero crash data in the dashboard. That doesn't help.
    Friday, November 2, 2012 10:34 PM
  • Bump. This is kind of important. I can't fix crashes I've been getting bad reviews for, if the system pretends there's nothing wrong (i.e. no crash telemetry).
    Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:01 PM
  • I to have many complains about crashes I can't reproduce, and customers are complaining about it in the reviews. I really hope they will be updated soon, this is a big issue for me as I want to help but can't get a grip on the problem... 

As this is a messaging app and every customer has a different account/setup I can't do anything but talk to the few customers that contact me directly and try to figure out where the connection is.

PLEASE fix this

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:12 PM
  • Bump. This is an important issue for developers. Are the crash reports working or not? Under what conditions are crashes reported, is it possible for the reports to not go through? It's already hell of an issue to deal with trapping issues in async code, would this be related?
    Monday, November 12, 2012 11:07 AM
  • I now got crash data, it is not super helpful as it only contains crashes in native code and my application is managed code ( c# ) only but it is a start...
    Monday, November 12, 2012 7:45 PM
  • I have the same problem. I have four 1*-ratings because they say, that the app is crashing, when trying to load any detail pages. However, I don't have any crash report data in the dashboard.

Please fix this.

I'm also wondering, why I've never had a crash on the details page and alot of other users report crashes. I really can't reproduce this issue, which makes the bugfixing nearly impossible.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Bump! After I thought I covered all bases, an user updated his review saying he still can't get past the loading screen on my app. So he keeps getting crashes. I still am not receiving crash data, the dashboard keeps claiming a big fat zero. Some help or information would be nice here. Since we aren't able to contact users directly, we rely on the crash data. 
    Monday, December 10, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Even though app crashes might be reported to you through other channels, data is not collected unless the customer agrees to share it. Telemetry data is collected
    only from customers who have opted in to the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP). Please read the help article on Telemetry data for more information.

Friday, December 14, 2012 6:40 AM