none
Slow Support Response? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to FSLogix, really testing it out since it's available to us with our RDS licensing.

I opened a ticket with MS two weeks ago (7/2).  I have what seems to be a very simple question, I've asked support to call me and have a screen-sharing session that could probably easily be resolved while on the phone.  Reply the next day was "run the support tool", which I did and sent logs.  

No reply until 7/9 with the standard "please download and install the latest version" (if they reviewed the case info they would have seen what version I already had installed, when you start a case it asks you what version you have installed).  I asked for the engineer's availability to get on the phone together and do a screen-sharing session, no reply. 

7/11, they claim they didn't receive logs, so sent them again the same way they asked in the beginning.

No reply until today, 7/16 that they have reviewed the logs and are going to test on a VM in Azure.

Is this just MS FSLogix Support's inability to troubleshoot the issue first-hand with the customer since it's new to them, or has it always been this slow-to-reply and only via email with FSLogix Support in the past?

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hello Stadt,

I'm sorry to hear that FSLogix support has been slow.

Here is the FSLogix support SLA according to the forum post: How to open an FSLogix Support Request

FSLogix Support SLA:

• FSLogix support is not fully integrated into the regular Microsoft support work flows yet after its recent acquisition and currently only offers support in global English with daily e-mail responses (or call backs) as needed. We have a goal of meeting standard Microsoft SLAs for confirmed service down issues, but for all other issue types we are still working to the FSLogix SLA. Thanks for your patience!

We are working to improve support responsiveness. Again, I apologize for the speed your issue has been worked.
    - Micah Adamson
    FSLogix Support

• Marked as answer by stadt11 Friday, July 26, 2019 2:57 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:25 PM
    Owner
  • Hello again Stadt,

I just talked to the assigned agent and according our our tests so far it looks like this issue is related to a bug in FSLogix that will have to be fixed by the DEV team. Support is doing some final documentation of the issue on a test VM for the DEV team to be able to identify the cause of the issue to fix it.

I apologize that this wasn't clearer in the communication on the ticket. It looks like the underlying issue is being addressed as quickly as possible by our currently small support staff.

Thanks for your patience as we work to improve FSLogix.

- Micah Adamson
    FSLogix Support

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:40 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello Stadt,

I'm sorry to hear that FSLogix support has been slow.

Here is the FSLogix support SLA according to the forum post: How to open an FSLogix Support Request

FSLogix Support SLA:

• FSLogix support is not fully integrated into the regular Microsoft support work flows yet after its recent acquisition and currently only offers support in global English with daily e-mail responses (or call backs) as needed. We have a goal of meeting standard Microsoft SLAs for confirmed service down issues, but for all other issue types we are still working to the FSLogix SLA. Thanks for your patience!

We are working to improve support responsiveness. Again, I apologize for the speed your issue has been worked.
    - Micah Adamson
    FSLogix Support

• Marked as answer by stadt11 Friday, July 26, 2019 2:57 PM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:25 PM
    Owner
  • P.S. Based on your summary of when communications happened on the ticket. I think I found your ticket regarding modifying logging with FSLogix and I will make sure that it gets addressed. Again, I apologize for the delay.
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:31 PM
    Owner
  • Hello again Stadt,

I just talked to the assigned agent and according our our tests so far it looks like this issue is related to a bug in FSLogix that will have to be fixed by the DEV team. Support is doing some final documentation of the issue on a test VM for the DEV team to be able to identify the cause of the issue to fix it.

I apologize that this wasn't clearer in the communication on the ticket. It looks like the underlying issue is being addressed as quickly as possible by our currently small support staff.

Thanks for your patience as we work to improve FSLogix.

- Micah Adamson
    FSLogix Support

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:40 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the replies Micah, I just wasn't getting this type of attention with this level of explanation via the email replies so I greatly appreciate the information.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:08 PM
  • No worries! I completely understand. I'm glad I was able to help. :)
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:41 PM
    Owner