Issue casting a HealthRecordItem (AppSpecificDataType) to my custom wrapper type RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HealthVault application built using the 0.15.2016.4015 version of the HealthVault assemblies.

Since the HealthVault platform has changed since then, causing issues with the Basic datatype, I decided to upgrade the assemblies to latest version - 2.1.0.0.

Ever since I updated to this version, my application specific data type casting has stopped working.

I have made sure that the code is as per the guidelines and answers mentioned at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e7c195c4-3bf3-473e-b8c6-d6d1a1b3cdc3/problem-casting-a-healthrecorditem-to-my-custom-wrapper-type.

Here is the error message that I keep getting:

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Health.ItemTypes.ApplicationSpecific' to type 'CustomNamespace.CustomHealthTypeWrapper'.

I'm unable to proceed further with my application till this issue is resolved. 

Any help is highly appreciated.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Khushboo,

Can you send some sample code with the wrapper definition along with your usage sample and error message to hvtech@microsoft.com?

Thanks

-Sean

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 4:55 PM