none
Different ways to implement LINQ to SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

What are the different ways to implemented LINQ to SQL. Which is the proven practice

Cheers

Janet

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Janet,

If you are starting out with LINQ to SQL I suggest maybe doing a quick search on youtube for some video tutorials.

After you become veteran you might take advantage of sqlmetal supplied with the .NET Framework and can form part of your build process...updating your model on each build.

There is also LINQ to Entities which is a similar entity framework like L2S.

Definitely look at youtube, create your first dbml file. Connect to SQL and start drag dropping some SQL tables into your DBML design view. All this can be done within Visual Studio and hopefully it will all become easy soon!

One good thing I can tell you know is that once you get the hang of it you wont go back!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:25 AM
  • Take a look at this link. Understanding LINQ in general is the key, then the rest becomes alot more obvious..

LINQ is worth learning!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336746

[edit: forgot the link! ]

• Marked as answer by janets20 Friday, February 11, 2011 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for all your participate and selfness sharing.

Developers can use LINQ with any data source.  They can express efficient query behavior in their programming language of choice, optionally transform/shape data query results into whatever format they want, and then easily manipulate the results.  LINQ-enabled languages can provide full type-safety and compile-time checking of query expressions, and development tools can provide full intellisense, debugging, and rich refactoring support when writing LINQ code.

LINQ supports a very rich extensibility model that facilitates the creation of very efficient domain-specific operators for data sources.  The "Orcas" version of the .NET Framework ships with built-in libraries that enable LINQ support against Objects, XML, and Databases.

I think the best way is to contact it by your self:

Using LINQ to SQL:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2007/05/19/using-linq-to-sql-part-1.aspx

I hope that would be help you.

Have a good day.

If it's helpful for you, Please vote or mark. Thank you!

David Peng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 8:58 AM