passing params to stored procedure customed delivery protocol RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a customed delivery protocol for sending notifications to the DB using a stored procedure.

I used the code shown in :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sqlserver.notificationservices.ideliveryprotocol.aspx#Mtps_DropDownFilterText

it all works fine except for one problem - when I want to make a change in the parameters sent to the SP, I can't do it and the original data in the corresponding fields is passed..

I tried using a XSLT file for formatting the notification before it is passed to the delivery channel, placed it in the correct path and I can even see the formatted text in the "Notification Text" field in the "NSNotificationDistribution" view. but for some reason, the values are passed as if they haven't been changed... I am a bit hopeless about it because I've tried many options and still came up with nothing...

any help would be blessed !

thanks, Elad

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:13 AM

All replies

• Have you tried restarting the ns windows service?   From what I have noticed changes to the xslt are not picked up until one restart the service.
    Friday, February 9, 2007 9:50 PM
  • The XSLT file is loaded when the SSNS service starts and cached thereafter for efficiency and security. Until you bounce the service, the new changes to the XSLT file will not be recognized.

HTH...

Joe

Monday, February 12, 2007 2:24 PM
  • i found out the formatted notification is passed in the 'Body' string the DeliverNotification function receives.

what i did was formatting the notification to a XML structure of my own (using the XSLT file) and retrieving the formatted data in the DeliverNotification function of the custom delivery protocol.. seems to work fine.

Monday, February 12, 2007 3:06 PM