Master page in silverlight Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How to use Master Page in silvelight Application.can you please give me some suggestion...???
    Friday, April 23, 2010 7:38 AM

Answers

• There is no master page in silverlight, it isn't asp.net. Take a look to the silverlight navigation project in VS, perhaps it can help you.
    Friday, April 23, 2010 8:44 AM
  • I am wondering if you mean if you can embedd a Silverlight control in a master page so it shows up in all of the nested/content pages.  You can do this by injecting the code generated for you in the testpage aspx into the Site.Master HTML markup.

Friday, April 23, 2010 10:15 AM

All replies

• There is no master page in silverlight, it isn't asp.net. Take a look to the silverlight navigation project in VS, perhaps it can help you.
    Friday, April 23, 2010 8:44 AM
  • As previous poster mentioned, create a project using the "Silverlight Navigation Application" template. This has a file called "MainPage.xaml". It serves as what you might recognize as a "master page". There is a content area defined within it but the terminology is different as are the navigation techniques used. There are also several articles on how to use the navigation framework in Silverlight. Check out the learning area on this site.

Friday, April 23, 2010 8:51 AM
  • I am wondering if you mean if you can embedd a Silverlight control in a master page so it shows up in all of the nested/content pages.  You can do this by injecting the code generated for you in the testpage aspx into the Site.Master HTML markup.

Friday, April 23, 2010 10:15 AM