The state of the Windows Phone marketplace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just a comment on the state of the windows phone marketplace in general.

I submitted my word game app to the windows phone store. It has been live for a week now and has received a total of only 17 downloads. Daily downloads has dropped down to between 0 and 1.

I submitted the same app to the apple App Store. On the first day it was downloaded 450 times. The second day about 250.

I have been a developer for the windows phone since it first debated. When the windows phone marketplace was young, you used to receive a nice visibility boost when your app was new - which translated to at least hundreds of downloads. Now a new app is nearly invisible.

I suggest you fix this problem or else you will no longer have developers interested in your platform.

Best

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just a comment on the state of the windows phone marketplace in general.

I submitted my word game app to the windows phone store. It has been live for a week now and has received a total of only 17 downloads. Daily downloads has dropped down to between 0 and 1.

I submitted the same app to the apple App Store. On the first day it was downloaded 450 times. The second day about 250.

I have been a developer for the windows phone since it first debated. When the windows phone marketplace was young, you used to receive a nice visibility boost when your app was new - which translated to at least hundreds of downloads. Now a new app is nearly invisible.

I suggest you fix this problem or else you will no longer have developers interested in your platform.

Best

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:49 PM
  • Hello Space Wolf LLC,

As the Windows Phone platform continue to grow the competition will increase resulting in an increase in apps.  With more apps in the market it can make apps have less visibility.  I can assure you that your app follows the same process as all other apps.  I recommend you leave feedback on our Dev Feedback page.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:27 PM