Can't add test data source with test method, after refresh the Test View list, the method show non-runnable. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a xml file which contain some test data, such as Name and Password. And i have successfully combine this file with a test method.

1. Open the Test View.

2. Right click the method, and choose Propertise.

3. Choose Data connection string.

after that, the xml file was copied to project.

But, when I refresh the Test View List, it says that the test method is non-runnable.

and I open the properties, there's nothing about data source binding.

I don't what happened there.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Fox

• Moved by Mathew Aniyan MSFT Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:13 AM Question on Test List View. (From:Visual Studio UI Automation Testing (includes CodedUI))
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:49 AM

Answers

• I got the answer, the problem is that I forget to point out the special section at the xml file while binding with test case.

You have to specify the section name at the xml after binding the xml to test case at the attribute of the test method.

Thanks

Fox

• Marked as answer by Fox Ni Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You should see the reason for the test being non-runnable.

Go to Test List Editor->Select the test->right click and select Properties->View the property Non-runnable Error

Thanks,

Anuj

Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:17 AM
  • I got the answer, the problem is that I forget to point out the special section at the xml file while binding with test case.

You have to specify the section name at the xml after binding the xml to test case at the attribute of the test method.

Thanks

Fox

• Marked as answer by Fox Ni Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:52 AM