none
Visual C# Orcas / Access DB / OleDB RRS feed

• Question

• I'm newbie. How to connecting with access web database?
    I can connect access database in hard disc , but I can't connect the access on web..
     Lower code not connected.

OleDbConnection baglanti = new OleDbConnection();
    baglanti.ConnectionString = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=www.msdn.com/db/database.mdb";
    baglanti.Open();

Sunday, July 15, 2007 5:08 PM

All replies

• The short answer is that you can't.  Access is intended to be a desktop database rather than an access-over-the-internet database.

That said, there are other folks who are certainly better experts than I at this.  So I'll move this to the .net framework data access forum where you might get some other useful information.  It's a better choice than this forum since this is focused on the new features like the entity framework which are being added to ado.net in the upcoming release.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:46 PM
  • hey men! i wanna so so learn that, i think it wont be, but I need your ideas for that;

I wanna connect the *.mdb files, on the web like hard disc, but if that folder(database) isn't coded, so cant I connect it?

cos some friend's tried that, and they told that saw the *.mdb database, but they don't know how they did that...

I wanna connect the database(coded or uncoded)... Please help me, cos I know the database name, and I can't call it from FTP, only I wanna see it's futures ( if possible, to see datas), I need so so so help, that's too important for me Guide me...

and Can I interrogate when I connect webclient from FTP? and Ado.NET has two types connection (connected/disconnected) , am I right ?

I am so sad for this problem to be unbreaking up!

If I can do with ado.NET, (if may be), do u tell me how I can connect? and must everybody who using ado.net set up  SQLServer
    Sunday, August 5, 2007 12:04 AM