none
SwapBuffer File System Minifilter Driver Like in WCF Service RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Swap Buffers mini filter demonstrates how to switch buffers between reads and writes of data. This technique is particularly useful for encryption filters because they have to encrypt data before writing it to disk and decrypt it after reading it from disk. Because encryption/decryption has to be done transparently, we cannot use system-supplied buffers directly, so intermediate buffers have to be introduced.

Is it possible with same way using Filesystem Watcher class  or Any .net library function support to swap data from the file while reading and writing  it ,without using mini filter Driver.?

Even with Memory Mapped File also not possible to access the file directly. so is that any possible way to simulate as same like swap buffer mini filter.

Arun kumar non ascii

Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Arun,

And I’ll share some references that may be can help you here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307010

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography(v=vs.71).aspx

Regards,

Ada

If my posting is the answer that what you need, please mark as answer.Thanks.

• Edited by Ada Semon Monday, September 23, 2013 11:50 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Hi Arun,

Per my understanding, you want to encrypt and decrypt a file. After then even with Memory Mapped File also not possible to access the file directly.

As far as I know, there is no such .net library function to achieve it.

By the way, if you don’t mind, I will change the question to a discussion? Maybe other community members here to provide their help and suggestions.

Regards,

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:57 AM