Start Page news channel is not customizable in VS2013 isolated shell RRS feed

• Question

• In VS2012, it was possible to supply a URL for the news channel from the "Tools / Options / Environment / Startup" property page. It was associated with registry key $RootKey$\StartPage\NewsChannel

In VS2013, the field in the property page and the registry key are gone. In our isolated shell, we want to reuse the default start page but just customize the news feed url. Where is the url now and can it be customized?

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check the following documents:

Deploying Custom Start Pages

Customizing the Start Page

Visual Basic Start Page News Channel in Visual Studio

Since this issue is beyond my ability,I have delivered this case to the team members who have rich technical experience for better solutions, which might take some time.

All of us here are appreciating your patience.

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 20, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

I think this is the link for that: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee390883.aspx, under topic "Specifying a start page"

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 23, 2013 2:41 AM