UDL database connection in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to create dynamic database connection using UDL control and i also i need to save that connection String in sql table for further use.

I need to use it in My web application

Is anyone having Idea???

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. Rgards, Sagar

• Edited by Sagar Hinge Monday, May 20, 2013 7:21 AM
    • Moved by Mike Feng Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:38 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 7:13 AM

All replies

• http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8D4A69C84D352BF58625706C005B48D2

Please mark the post as answer if it is helpfull to you

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:15 AM
    1. Create a blank text file (Run a Notepad) notepad and save it by providing any name with an extension *.UDL. Let’s name it as “Conn.UDL”. Before that please ensure the Save as Type should be kept as “All Files”, else the file will be saved as Conn.UDL.txt.

2. Close the blank text file and go to the Conn.UDL file. Now you can check the icon for the file. Double click on the file and you can see a window named “Data linked properties”. Go to the first tab, I mean the provider tab. There we can find number of OLE DB providers. Choose the suitable provider that we want. Let’s select “Microsoft OLE DB provider for SQL Server” as my application connects to the SQL server database. Then Click “Next>>” button, that will take us to the connection tab. There we need to select or provide a server name. Now choose the types of authentication that we are going to use. If we provide UserID and Password, then we need to check the “Allow Saving Password check box”. Then select the database from the server that we select. After the things are completed, click on the “Test Connection” button. We will get a message as Test connection succeeded.

3. Now we are ready with the connection string. Now close the window and right click on the Conn.UDL file. Open the file with Notepad. Now we are having the required connection string.

Mark as answer if this solves your problem. ... Best Regards D. Chatterjee MCA, RERF

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Thanks..

I already try that..

Now i want to create connection dynamically and also need to save the same connection String in my SQL database table.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. Rgards, Sagar

Monday, May 20, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Hi Sagar,

Please try this issue on asp.net forum. http://forums.asp.net/ 

Thanks.

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:38 AM
  • Is anyone having Idea then please let me know.I stuck on that point..

Regards,

sagar

Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:38 PM