Can we create a device identity in IOT hub using azure iot sdk for C, by accessing the Registry Manager? RRS feed

• Question

• Using C-SDK is it Possible to access Registry Manager to Create Device Identity in IoT-Hub Using IoThub-client?

My scenario is- I am writing the C code to be run on a Wi-Fi enabled device. This device will be deployed at customer locations and will connect to the IoT hub sending information periodically.

I want the device to automatically register itself to the IoT hub on start and start interacting with the hub.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Monday, January 23, 2017 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi CH.LSREDDY,

- to register a device with Azure IoT Hub on the fly, it can be done sending a REST API Request, see an example on the following screen snippet:

In the above example, the device authentication keys are created by Azure IoT Hub (see them in the response). Based on the above response, the device can fire an event to the Azure IoT Hub, used device Twin, etc.

The following screen snippet shows an example of the firing an telemetry event to the Azure IoT Hub:

Thanks

Roman

• Edited by Roman Kiss Monday, January 23, 2017 1:28 PM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 1:26 PM
  • Thanks for your support  Roman
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:55 PM