none
Failure of last test in Project RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi There,

    My last test(debug usb) started hanging for some reason. I tried to cancel it but did not work. I tried to create a package on this project but it failed, i think it is due to the test still showing executing. I my reset the machines in the pool and rebooted them and my server but it did not work. Now when i load my project again all my test have disappeared. Questions:-

    1) I have previously created a package on this project. Can I import it and then rerun my test

    2) I notice that there is a merge feature. Can I run another project with this test and then merge it into a previously created package

    3) Do I have to rerun all my test again

    Regards,

    Mao

    Friday, March 15, 2013 6:30 AM

Answers

  • Hi There,

    I have managed to complete all the test.

    Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

    Regards,

    Mao

    • Marked as answer by Mao Ta Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:40 AM

All replies

  • That is unfortunate.  When you tried creating a package and it failed, how did it fail?  Do you have any details from that failure?  There might be information in the event log.  Also, can you provide more specific steps on what you did to recover?  Tests don't get deleted when you restart your machines.  Something else might have happened.

    1) You cannot import the information from a package into a database.

    2) Merge does not work the way you want to use it here.  Merge will work for a particular platform (OS + architecture combination) only.

    3) You will probably have to run all the tests again - especially if your tests and results are gone from your project.

    Friday, March 15, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Hi There,

    I think the actual test Debug USB test was the culprit. I connect my device(Ajay Debug USB 2.0) to my target and a lap top to do the test via USB transport. It did not pass. I notice that this was successfully installed on the laptop but was not successful on my motherboard that I'm  'winqual'. It's flagged with a exclamation mark in device manager. I tried installing drivers via internet but no luck.

    During this trying different ways and methods I unplugged the device while the test was executing on the server. It started hanging and after 1hour I decided to reboot both my target and laptop. When this did not work, I reboot my server and started the HCK application. I selected my project and loaded it. Then it returned, I noticed that all the test were gone. That's when search for people whom might of came across a similar situation. I decided to ask you guys for assistance.

    I am currently rerunning all my test but will still need assistance when it comes to the Debug Capability test. Are you able to help getting my device installed/recognised?

    Monday, March 18, 2013 5:53 AM
  • For the specific test failure -

    An active debug target device on a test machine will show up with a (!) status in the device manager, that is expected.  The error code is 31 for this particular case.

    If you are failing that test, I would check the parameters you are supplying to the test and that they match the settings on the target system. That is available in the help file in the HCK Studio. 

    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:40 PM
  • Hi There,

    I have managed to complete all the test.

    Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

    Regards,

    Mao

    • Marked as answer by Mao Ta Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:40 AM