TimeOut Error while creating smartobject for custom list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I want to create a smart object for customlist, it is showing an error i.e

SmartObject Server Exception: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not respondingSmartObject Server Exception: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding

Any responce would be appriciated

cheers

Naveen

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks to share your post.

For the issue, do you mean that you have used the K2? If yes, then if you are using a SmartObject reference, there is no way to access it in a server code event.  The way it works when you drag a SmartObject reference onto a field in a wizard is it stores information in the wizard event configuration that is resolved at runtime using the resolver framework.   If you need to manipulate a field from a SmartObject reference you will probably need to use the SmartObject event wizard to load the requested values into data fields.  You can then access the data fields in a code event.

Hope this could help you!

Leo

Friday, June 10, 2011 7:09 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Thanks for responding,

We are using k2. But the issue is, In the initial stage of creating smartobject only we are getting that error(mentioned above).

Naveen N
    Friday, June 10, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Hi Leo,

I also using K2, I just create new smartObject reference, but i have the problem the same. Do you have the solution reference?

Thanks,

Hieu

http://www.sharepointviet.com

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 4:46 AM