none
What happened to the Live Visual Tree?

Answers

• Hi maximus37,

I test it in my side using the VS2015 with update 2 using a simple UWP app (just add a button).

Actually one possible reason is that the control was not launched, for example, if you add a breakpoint, and then debug the app. the button event was not called after the breakpoint was hit, you will get the warning like your screen shot.

(1)So please make sure that your app run successfully using Ctrl+F5.

(2) Disable all breakpoints, and then debug this app using F5, and then you could open the Live Visual Tree.

Anyway, like the following screen shot, please make sure that you could see "A" when you debug your app, if the button was not launched, the Live Visual Tree will share us the error/warning messages like yours.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hello

from the Debug->Options menu inside Debugging->General see if the option "Enable UI Debugging Tools for XAML" is checked

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Doesn't work, that was my first reaction. To be sure, I tried a brand new UWP app on VS 2015 Update 2.  :(
    • Edited by maximus37 Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:36 PM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:36 PM
  • Hi maximus37,

I test it in my side using the VS2015 with update 2 using a simple UWP app (just add a button).

Actually one possible reason is that the control was not launched, for example, if you add a breakpoint, and then debug the app. the button event was not called after the breakpoint was hit, you will get the warning like your screen shot.

(1)So please make sure that your app run successfully using Ctrl+F5.

(2) Disable all breakpoints, and then debug this app using F5, and then you could open the Live Visual Tree.

Anyway, like the following screen shot, please make sure that you could see "A" when you debug your app, if the button was not launched, the Live Visual Tree will share us the error/warning messages like yours.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, April 15, 2016 7:38 AM
  • Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce the issue, I was forced to re-install my VS due to other issues and since then everything works fine. I do know that it was not related to any debugging, I've used VS for many years and know that it was debugging correctly.

If I do encounter the issue again I'll investigate further. Thanks for all the help.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:02 AM
  • Hi maximus37,

Thanks for your friendly response.

Since it works well now after you re-install your VS, maybe it is the setup issue or others. If so, would you please mark the helpful replies as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue, and  I will close this case for you.

Of course, if you get this issue again, please feel free to let me know, I will follow up it as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Jack

Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:46 AM