none
Unable to see Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 in VLSC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a MSDN account and a related account on VLSC. The credentials are same for both the accounts (i use same live ID). I am unable to see Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 in VLSC.

I can see Windows 7, 2008 R2, other previous versions of Windows and Visual Studio 2012 in my VLSC account. However, Windows 8 and Server 2012 are not present there. I just cannot use the VL build present on MSDN subcription downloads unless I get to see those two OS in my VLSC account.

I have already opened a service request with MS VLSC customer care and it has been more than 20 days and there is simply no resolution till now.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:50 AM

Answers

• we've had a number of questions like this.  Open customers aren't receiving VLKs for Windows 8, even though they see a prompt on MSDN Subscriber Downloads that says "VL customers can access your keys on the VLSC site."

We've actually changed that error so it now says (note highlighted bits):

While we offer this Volume Licensing (VL) build through Subscriber Downloads, VL customers (excluding Open License, Open Value and Open Value Subscriptions) must obtain product keys from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).

Only administrators can access keys in the VLSC, so please contact your organization’s administrator for this key.

As a more immediate option or for customers that do not receive the key via VL, you can download the retail build of this product, which is available with a product key in this same section of Subscriber Downloads.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, October 8, 2012 5:32 PM

All replies

• Dear Ayush,

What do you mean by related account on VLSC? What is your agreement Level? Do you have Software Assurance Benefits included? Because Windows 8 Enterprise requires SA Benefits.

Additionally you can contact Microsoft VLSC Customer Support Toll free number.

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:48 AM
  • Dear Ayush,

What do you mean by related account on VLSC? What is your agreement Level? Do you have Software Assurance Benefits included? Because Windows 8 Enterprise requires SA Benefits.

Hi Prathaprabhu,

By related account I mean that the administrator of VLSC is the same as MSDN subscriber. I use same live ID for logging into both places- one VLSC as administrator and on MSDN.

I had purchased an OPEN LICENSE. The exact part no. was 77D-00092 (VSProwMSDN ALNG LicSAPk OLP NL Qlfd)

Yes, I have Software Assurance Benefits. I checked with the reseller.

Ayush

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:02 AM
  • in VLSC, look under the SA category

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Dear Ayush,

Hi Prathaprabhu,

By related account I mean that the administrator of VLSC is the same as MSDN subscriber. I use same live ID for logging into both places- one VLSC as administrator and on MSDN.

I had purchased an OPEN LICENSE. The exact part no. was 77D-00092 (VSProwMSDN ALNG LicSAPk OLP NL Qlfd)

Ayush

Did you contacted your reseller regarding this situation and i have asked you to contact VLSC Support using the local TOLL Free Number.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:42 AM
  • in VLSC, look under the SA category

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Nothing present under SA category. But the reseller says i have Software Assurance.

Ayush

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Dear Ayush,

Hi Prathaprabhu,

Ayush

Did you contacted your reseller regarding this situation and i have asked you to contact VLSC Support using the local TOLL Free Number.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Yes, I contacted the reseller. He comfirmed that i have SA. On the other hand, after being from tossed from VLSC customer care to MSDN, I was told at MSDN customer care that even if I have SA, I still need to purchase Windows 8 volume license. Huh? I mean I can see the MAK and KMS for Windows 7, 2008 R2 and lower OS on the VLSC center. But even with SA, I need to purchase Windows 8 volume license?

Ayush

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:06 PM
  • Dear Ayush,

Hi Prathaprabhu,

Ayush

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Yes, I contacted the reseller. He comfirmed that i have SA. On the other hand, after being from tossed from VLSC customer care to MSDN, I was told at MSDN customer care that even if I have SA, I still need to purchase Windows 8 volume license. Huh? I mean I can see the MAK and KMS for Windows 7, 2008 R2 and lower OS on the VLSC center. But even with SA, I need to purchase Windows 8 volume license?

Ayush

Dear Ayush,

May i know when did you purchased your VL Subscription? Also, can you see "Windows 8 MAK", "Windows 8 KMS" and Windows Server 2012 Licenses in your Relationship Summary. If so then you should be able to get the access to Windows 8 and Server 2012. If it doesn't you have to purchase Windows 8

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

• Edited by prathaprabhu Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:07 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:03 AM
  • we've had a number of questions like this.  Open customers aren't receiving VLKs for Windows 8, even though they see a prompt on MSDN Subscriber Downloads that says "VL customers can access your keys on the VLSC site."

We've actually changed that error so it now says (note highlighted bits):

While we offer this Volume Licensing (VL) build through Subscriber Downloads, VL customers (excluding Open License, Open Value and Open Value Subscriptions) must obtain product keys from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).

Only administrators can access keys in the VLSC, so please contact your organization’s administrator for this key.

As a more immediate option or for customers that do not receive the key via VL, you can download the retail build of this product, which is available with a product key in this same section of Subscriber Downloads.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, October 8, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Having this same issues, was there ever anything found as to how to get the KMS key to show up on the account?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Having this same issues, was there ever anything found as to how to get the KMS key to show up on the account?

For us (we have an Enterprise Agreement under Volume Licensing. yours may be different)

goto: https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx

sign-in

click on Licenses
    click on Relationship Summary

this will display the Relationship SummarylicensingID/enrollment(s) you have

click on an enrollment to expand it
    <continued>

Don

Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:06 AM
  • click on the Product Keys tab of that enrollment

your enrolled products, and their product keys, and your consumption of MAK's, are displayed.

Don

Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:08 AM
  • Hi,

I'm a French customer and I'm in the very same situation.

I can go to through these exact same pages, and when I list the product keys, I have everything up to Win7 but no Win8.

My subscription is Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN version 2012 and valid till june 2013.

Any idea what's going wrong ?

Thanks for any help,

Fabrice Popineau

Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:28 AM
  • I can go to through these exact same pages, and when I list the product keys, I have everything up to Win7 but no Win8.

Has your company renewed Volume Licensing for Windows Client OS (Software Assurance), or, purchased Windows Client under your VL enrollment?

If VLSC is not showing the correct entitlements for your enrollment, this is unrelated to your MSDN, and you should arrange for your VL administrator to contact MS VL team or reseller for confirmation.

Don

Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:54 AM
  • We do have met the same problem, too.

That is just because that VLSC is merely a console of this service, you should use MSDN subscription to get Windows 8.1, Windows server2012, visual studio 2013, etc. licenses.

You should set MSDN subscription account via VLSC, then you can login https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ to download ISO and get license.

any questions, you can call VLSC service center to get instructions. (I just did.)

FYR. 

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:04 AM