Is it possible to export a huge database to csv RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have a database that having around 1TB data.I have to migrate all the data to any repository that is compatable with Sharepoint.I choose CSV file.Is it possible to export huge data to CSV? All type of data can be mapped to CSV files in the sense including blob data ? Other than CSV, what are all the possible repository that is compatable with Sharepoint?

sajitha

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Sajitha Anu,

>>it possible to export huge data to CSV?

Yes, it is supported, in theory, the csv is just a text-file, the size of it is limited by the file system, but for Sharepoint, the PowerPivot is Supported Data Sources that it uses the ACE 14 OLE DB provider for Microsoft Access to import .txt .csv and .tab text files. So CSV files are subject to the limitations of Access (Limited 2GB). I would suggest you split your database to many csv files with SSIS.

>>All type of data can be mapped to CSV files in the sense including blob data ?

We can export the blob data to csv.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:09 AM