none
Regarding Publishing app

Question

• I published my app yesterday. Link for the same

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-in/app/backpack/cd2395a1-441d-4681-80bb-1a364c0825e9

But its not appearing in windows store. I got a mail from Microsoft regarding successful publishing to store. But still I cant find my app.

Kindly help

Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:04 AM

Answers

• You're posting on it :)http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/ff06d8d4-3362-4403-9c52-36ba7877e255/regarding-publishing-app?forum=windowsstore

I moved it from the development forum to the publishing forum, but you may need to open a case at http://aka.ms/storesupport to talk to somebody who can examine your specific data. You might want to wait until after the weekend to let the moderation team have a chance to see your new information  first.

--Rob

Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Hi KumarAbhinav,

I checked your link, and it visible in Indian Market. You need to change your market location in your system to India.

To change location,

press win+Q

search for "change location"

Select "Settings"(ie. search in the settings, by default it is selected for "Apps")

From the results from Settings, you will see "Change location"

click on that and change the location to the country where you have released  from the drop down list and click OK.

By default the location is set to USA market(If we have chosen Express Settings, while installing Win8).

So, Better you publish the app to all over the world so that people from any region will be able to see your app in the store.

Pradeep AJ

Sunday, May 11, 2014 4:44 AM
  • Hi,

Go to your dashboard.
    Create new release for your app.
    You will see a list of categories.
    Go to selling details, check all countries and submit for certification again.

Wait untill your certification process succeeds.

Mention that you have changed only this in the 'Note to Tester' area so that certification process finishes a bit earlier.

Pradeep AJ

Sunday, May 11, 2014 2:29 PM

All replies

• Make sure you're in the right region for where it was published and give it some time to propagate.

I'll move your post to a more appropriate forum.

Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:20 AM
  • Make sure you're in the right region for where it was published and give it some time to propagate.

I'll move your post to a more appropriate forum.

Hi Rob,

It's in the right region. Please find below the details.

Selling details

Price tier: Free
    Category: Education
    Subcategory: (none)
    Available as soon it passes certification.
    Markets: India
    This app will be shown in search results for apps that meet accessibility guidelines.

Age rating

Windows Store age rating: 12+ Suitable for ages 12 and older

Kindly help

Thursday, May 8, 2014 1:02 PM
  • It can take a day or two before the app is searchable in the store. Just wait.

Also, is the device you're checking with set to the India region? If you're in India, but your device is set to another location, the app won't show up.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, May 9, 2014 6:28 AM
  • Its 4 days now. N still its not available in store. Can anyone tell me how to contact the microsoft for that ? Any mail contacts ?

Rob Can you give me the link where you have moved my query 

Kindly help

Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:38 AM
  • You're posting on it :)http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/ff06d8d4-3362-4403-9c52-36ba7877e255/regarding-publishing-app?forum=windowsstore

I moved it from the development forum to the publishing forum, but you may need to open a case at http://aka.ms/storesupport to talk to somebody who can examine your specific data. You might want to wait until after the weekend to let the moderation team have a chance to see your new information  first.

--Rob

Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Hi KumarAbhinav,

I checked your link, and it visible in Indian Market. You need to change your market location in your system to India.

To change location,

press win+Q

Select "Settings"(ie. search in the settings, by default it is selected for "Apps")

click on that and change the location to the country where you have released  from the drop down list and click OK.

By default the location is set to USA market(If we have chosen Express Settings, while installing Win8).

So, Better you publish the app to all over the world so that people from any region will be able to see your app in the store.

Pradeep AJ

Sunday, May 11, 2014 4:44 AM
  • Hi KumarAbhinav,

To change location,

press win+Q

Pradeep AJ

How to change the market now after publishing the app ?

Kindly help Pradeep

Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:57 PM
  • Hi,

Go to your dashboard.
    Create new release for your app.
    You will see a list of categories.
    Go to selling details, check all countries and submit for certification again.

Wait untill your certification process succeeds.

Mention that you have changed only this in the 'Note to Tester' area so that certification process finishes a bit earlier.

Pradeep AJ

Sunday, May 11, 2014 2:29 PM