Visual basic express 2010 send command and receive response RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,  I want to send a command to my sensor connected in usb port through my laptop and receive response from the senor. My question is I have seen through many discussions that if we send "AT" Commands, we receive response like "OK". Similarily, I want to send a command (Say !@) and receive response like version number of the sensor. How could this be done?

Please guide me in this..

Saturday, April 21, 2018 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi guys,  I want to send a command to my sensor connected in usb port through my laptop and receive response from the senor.

Do you mean '...connected as a RS232 serial device using a serial-to-USB adapter'?

See:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.ports.serialport%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:25 AM
  • Device connected like below,,

Saturday, April 21, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Device connected like below

That will likely require a device driver and a supporting DLL provided by the manufacturer.  In that case the manufacturer will provide documentation and sample code for interacting with the driver.  You should check the manufacturer's www site for the full details and example code. 

Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:25 AM
  • I don't know if this link Operating Manual is for your QPod or not. Regardless you will need 2 .Dlls apparently. That would be QPOD.Dll and ccrpTmr.Dll according to the manual. Then I suppose there would be pinvoke functions you could use perhaps.

The manual says below also;

You should ask for assistance from Infinicon for Infinicon products until you can at least establish communications with the products.

And why use Visual Basic Express 2010 when Visual Studio Community 2015 or possibly now 2017 is free?

La vida loca

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:42 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ashidacchi Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:14 PM
    Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:40 PM