Multiple Teams in a single Team Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to support the viewing of multiple isolated backlogs as well as a single combined backlog in a Team Project and found the following article which describes exactly what I would like to do.

webpage:blogs.ripple-rock.com/colinbird/CommentView,guid,94ef8652-c67d-4712-ad5f-d9b26932182e.aspx#commentstart

In the article, the author shows screenshots of the project web portal with a tool in the top right corner, just to the left of the user name, which allows the user to select one of his assigned teams for which he would like to view the backlog.

My project does not have this tool. I am using TFS 2013 whereas he is using 2012. Has this tool been moved or removed or do I need to enable it somehow?

• Edited by Brandon.Gruber Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:57 PM spelling mistakes
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 2:23 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. The drop down menu that is shown in the screenshots is the recent projects and teams menu which in 2013 is now built in to the navigation path in the top left of the portal.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Brandon,

I'd like to know whether the tool you mentioned is TFS power tools. If yes, you can get it from the link: https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/f017b10c-02b4-4d6d-9845-58a06545627f

After installing the power tools, start your Visual Studio and use power tools to walk through the process as the blog mentioned.

Best regards,

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:00 AM
  • It is not. The tool is simply a web control in the project portal. If you follow the link I provided you can see it in multiple screenshots provided by the author of the article.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 12:55 PM
  • I figured it out. The drop down menu that is shown in the screenshots is the recent projects and teams menu which in 2013 is now built in to the navigation path in the top left of the portal.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:50 PM