none
unable to see SSMS in windows search after install sql 2012

Question

• i have just installed SQL SERVER 2012 on my Win Server 2012 R2 OS. but after install , when searched for "sql" in the normal windows search box, i am unable to see anything .

usually when i installed  sql, SSMS used to come immediately in the search results:

do i need to install again / configure something ?

the only search results are coming is :

• Edited by SaMolPP Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:48 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

go folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio --> select SSMS application -->open

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio

Refer following

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:14 AM
  • Are you sure it was installed? Run the installation program again to verify that it was. look for the management tools - basic and management tools - complete options.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Download it from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt238290.aspx
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:44 AM
  • I have installed the sql 2012 in D drive.

hope i didnt do any mistake by selecting D:\ drive of my server.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 8:24 AM
  • go folder D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio --> select SSMS application -->open

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:07 PM
  • Hi SaMolPP,

Based on the information your provided, it seems like SSMS is not installed during your SQL Server installation. In this case, I would suggest you first run SQL Server feature discovery report to make sure features with name ‘SSMS’ and ‘ADV_SSMS’ is installed on your computer. If it’s not there, I would suggest you download and install SSMS 2016 from this site.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:42 AM