How can i avoid large number of round trips to the server calls using inline functions ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1253338400 posted

I have a Grid with a number of columns but in one particular column i use the following 

<asp:GridView ID="GridView2" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">

<Columns>

<asp:BoundField DataField="Name" HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="Name" />

<asp:TemplateField>

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Image ID="Image2" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# ImageLink(
                                                                        DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "DocNo"), DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "DocLineNo"),
                                                                        DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Value"),
                                                                        DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "ImageId"))%>'>' Width="70" />

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:TemplateField>

</Columns>

</asp:GridView>

Now each line has a different image and if I have lets say 1000 rows to be rendered on the grid then this call is made 1000 times .

Is there a way I can use inline functions and avoid this much round trips to the server  or is there a better way of doing this ?

Thanks 

Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:21 AM

Answers

All replies