Can't Insert to Oracle from SQL using ADO.Net adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very simple data flow with SQL Server ADO.Net as a source and Oracle ODP.Net destination.

The data flow hangs when the first buffer is trying to insert to Oracle. 

Eventually it will fail.  It has failed for different reasons.  The current is:

" [ADO NET Destination [2]] Error: An exception has occurred during data insertion, the message returned from the provider is: ORA-06550: line 118887, column 1:PLS-00123: program too large (codegen operands) "

If I monitor Oracle OEM express at that time it indicates a long CPU wait for the session until the package fails.  If I try to expand the SQL being executed it hangs OEM and Internet explorer has to be restarted.

I've tried on both Oracle 12c and 11g Databases.

I've tried both the 11g and 12c ODP.Net versions.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi MRuder,

According to the error message, I find a similar case introducing this error. Please reference.

In the similar case, the poster says this error is due to the batch size of the ADO NET Destination.

And the workaround for this error is you need to set a proper value for batch size in the ADO NET Destination. 

Regards,

Seif

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Friday, August 19, 2016 12:26 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Use the OLEDB connection

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Proposed as answer by Enric Vives Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:09 PM
  • Hi MRuder,

According to the error message, I find a similar case introducing this error. Please reference.

In the similar case, the poster says this error is due to the batch size of the ADO NET Destination.

And the workaround for this error is you need to set a proper value for batch size in the ADO NET Destination. 

Regards,

Seif

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Wednesday, August 17, 2016 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Friday, August 19, 2016 12:26 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:57 AM