none
Can azure table storage be accessed from Web applications hosted on IIS

Question

• I have a web application that is hosted on IIS. I do not want to create it as a Web role. Can I still access azure table storage from web application that is hosted on IIS?

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:53 AM

Answers

• Simple answer, yes you can. Please look at Azure Storage Client Library and/or Windows Azure Storage REST API about how to access table storage.
    • Marked as answer by Kristd Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:17 PM
    Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

You don't have to use REST API in webrole. You can call it in any services such MVC, WCF or ASP.NET. Many samples can be found on web.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by RohitArora Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:14 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:31 AM

All replies

• Simple answer, yes you can. Please look at Azure Storage Client Library and/or Windows Azure Storage REST API about how to access table storage.
    Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

I looked at Client Library and API's. All the links I got are related to Web role and accessing Table storage using Web role. Did not get any link that talks about accessing Table storage from a web application that is hosted on IIS.

Thanks,
    Krishna

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Hi,

You don't have to use REST API in webrole. You can call it in any services such MVC, WCF or ASP.NET. Many samples can be found on web.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by RohitArora Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:14 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:31 AM