none
LitDev Extension Updates

All replies

• Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-1-0-6 (already latest state ~1hr ago)

Saturday, July 04, 2015 8:55 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the xml - sorry for the late update, trying to rationalise the command names a bit (if alphabetically sorted order is sensible,  then they appear logically in intellisense).
    Saturday, July 04, 2015 9:10 PM
  • No prob LitDev, fortunately saw it when checking back before upload.
    Saturday, July 04, 2015 10:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Updated extension for v 1.2.

Additional links updated to download 1.2 version correctly.

Monday, October 12, 2015 7:53 PM
  • Fantastic!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hi good to hear from you again and thanks for the xml.

I fixed the typo in v1.2 and will check out your ideas - on first look they look like nice additions.

Cheers Steve.

Monday, October 26, 2015 10:14 PM
  • This didn't show up for me either - thanks for xml, typos and more stuff to look at!
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:18 PM
  • Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-2-0-3

The new LDEffects are great!!

How would you set the image from an existing image shape (Image#) back into ImageList (ImageList#) for further processing? Can any direct method be used for this?
    Im only aware of LDGraphicsWindow.Capture + LDImage.Crop.

Short o.t. question: How's Setzkasten correctly named in EN (box to set miniatures/shapes in)?

(Got different translations like: Setzkasten, seed box, wash, case, setting box...) So, what's correct now??

Sunday, November 22, 2015 11:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for xml and I fixed the issues - polygons was a bug I introduced after testing - LDDictionary.Translate was a test that should have been removed when LDTranslate was added - versioning I am actually using 1.2.x.0 now since this supposed to be a build nunber - I may integrate waveforms into LD for next build, there is lots of great stuff in SlimDX that it uses so I just need a good way to handle when it is not installed - I don't know any special term, but box to set miniatures/shapes in looks right - either would do (probably minatures).

Not sure that LDEffects can be converted to images since these are applied differently not as replacement images.

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:14 PM
  • OK, thanks.

All clear. I'll go on with 1.2.x.0 and removed LDDictionary.Translate like you did. For image shapes i simply keep x.y.w,h in an array for each shape and Capture-Crop works well. Thought there should be a term for that kind of furniture in EN :-[, so'll simply stay with Setzkasten. ;-}

PS: Saw one in a shop (in engl. description named 'display case') for € 24.99 (~50x30 cm)
    Monday, November 23, 2015 9:03 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the update
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:48 PM
  • Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-2-5-0

PS: For german umlauts (äAöÖüÜ and ß) and some other chars (π, φ, °) in the De.xml the converted De.rtf shows a '?'.

Would there be a simply way that i could adjust in the .De.xml, to show the correct characters in the resulting De.rtf ?? Different charset or so? XML 1.1 shows a blank IntelliSense and entities for the umlauts dont work for XML 1.0.

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:03 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks for de xml

The rtf is something I put together quickly a few years ago to translate xml to a readable text that can be reformatted/printed with no thought to umlats!

The converter is in writeRTF method of class Parser in Parser.cs in LitDevUtilities; its a simple xml text to rtf.

My guess is that umlats and other extended ascii characters need special detection and escape codes for use in rtf, not just a simple text write like I did.

Have look and see what you think, it may be I miss a trick and there are some simple culture text conversion, but rtf is deliberately simple ascii (+ escape codes) so I fear lots of parsing and translation.

Friday, January 29, 2016 10:38 PM
  • Already looked at Parser.cs after your comment in change font size of files

This TestDe.rtf (UTF-8)

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1031{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f1\fswiss\fcharset161{\*\fname Arial;}Arial Greek;}}
    {\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.21.2510;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs24 German Umlauts: \'e4\'f6\'fc \'c4\'d6\'dc \'df\par
    \f1\'e8\f0  \f1\'f0\f0  \f1\'f6\f0    \'b0\par
    & < > \ul u\par
    \fs20\par
    }
    NUL

... shows the right characters (...ansi\\ansicpg1252\.. at the beginning, Active Codepage: 1252.): ä (e4) Ä (f6) etc. just looked at convert-rtf-file-to-unicode

I didnt think about parsing but a simple solution, i could do from the xml. But i see, all the char infos > ascii are gone in the converted rtf. I'll try other ways like replacements (ä - ae, ö - oe, etc) and then batch replace in the rtf or any ways of CopyPaste.

Friday, January 29, 2016 11:18 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Pappa
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:51 PM
  • Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-2-7-0

Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-2-8-0
    Friday, May 06, 2016 9:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for xml and correction comments.

Added SP extension also to EM, since it is advertised as opensource. - thanks.

Friday, May 06, 2016 10:22 PM
  • Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-2-9-0

Sunday, June 05, 2016 9:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Papa as usual,

I moved some stuff to the LitDev.Engine namespace to try to make it clearer in the xml, no way I can see to easily remove it comletely without deleting all internal comments.

Updated the SyPlus with your xml - thanks.

For the other older pre SB 1.2 extensions by people no longer supporting them I don't really want to port them or copy and provide dowloads without consent or requests from the community.

Sunday, June 05, 2016 9:55 PM
  • Thanks as usual - I will work through your suggestions an corrections tomorrow.

Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:28 PM
  • Thanks as usual for the xml, corrections and comments.

AutoControl - speed is just a multiplier not an absolue to I will leave just now, I don't like to change things that will potentially mess with old programs if possible.

GetAllShapesAt is just for GW, the HitTest in LD3DView should be used there - protecting is hard.

I make the varous 3D vectors normalised and orthogonal as required internally.

I hope Leo recovers.

Saturday, August 27, 2016 7:55 PM
  • The AutoControl step and GetAllShapesAt was just for info as noticed.

Ok, thought 3D-vector inputs get auto-normalized internally, like the Get- methods returns them.

thx, he deserves and gets best treatment.

Here's the updated german xml: LitDevDe_v1-2-11-0_Current

Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry, just found your update from the afternoon.

Uptodate now: LitDevDe_v1-2-12-0_Updated

PS: what's:  an array with the correct format

(indexed from 1 and continuous, all subArrays/ index same len, each index same depth ?)

Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry about the second update - correct format is the same format as you get using ToArray.  Anyone using should use ToArray and check the array to see format, pretty much as described in ToArray comments.

Each node has optional arrays "Attributes", and "Children" or "Data".
    If there are are child nodes then they are indexed first by number to deliminate multiple children with the same name.

Thanks also for your other comments and bug reports.

1A] This was since for me the mouse event didn't propagate so I added an extra call from ScrollBar view to GW.  In your example this seems not neccessay.  I can't remember exactly what I thought the issue was.  I think I have fixed by passing the event to GW as before, but then blocking any additional event propagation.

1B] I can't see any reason for this in anything I do - more detailed checking of what dithering or other text generation is doing in .Net

2] This is because the first call to PlayMusic or PlayMusic2 resets all channels to defaults.  All subsequent calls to either variant should work correctly.  I fixed it I think.

3] Fixed as per your suggestion

SetButtonStyle] There are no defaults really, so these are just suggestions for values that might look nice.  You can't run it without giving values - I could have real defaults on "", but probably not exactly like default button so leave as is just now.

Sunday, October 16, 2016 8:42 PM
  • Thanks for the update

Zip and slider hopefully fixed (zip was tricky)

The images are more of an issue since an RGB (24 bit) images cannot be modified to include transparency without changing the format as you did.  To automatically do this for all imported 24 bit files would be quite a change to didn't do just now but will think on best approach for future.  Until then the image should be converted to ARGB (32 bit) like png first in some way as you did.

Thanks again

Thursday, December 01, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Added LDImage.To32bitARGB as per your suggestion.
    Thursday, December 01, 2016 9:36 PM
  • Just noted, that there's a relict under SliderValue (from before you added the SliderMaximum prop)

System.Math.Min(100, System.Math.Max(0.0, value));    // sliderMaximum

so that with a SliderMaximum = 360, a SliderValue(slider, 180) sets it to 100.

Saturday, December 17, 2016 11:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Just noted, that there's a relict under SliderValue (from before you added the SliderMaximum prop)

System.Math.Min(100, System.Math.Max(0.0, value));    // sliderMaximum

so that with a SliderMaximum = 360, a SliderValue(slider, 180) sets it to 100.

Thanks fixed for next.
    Saturday, December 17, 2016 1:21 PM
  • Here's german xml for LitDevDe_v1-2-14-0
    Sunday, January 08, 2017 8:21 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks as usual.

RichTextBoxIndentToTab default is True - seemed most logical.

LitDev_Source.zip is auto-generated - updated to get rid of unneccessary bits - better use the Git version

Sunday, January 08, 2017 9:29 PM
  • RichTextBoxIndentToTab default is True - seemed most logical.

Oh, Oh, of course, yes!

Obviously had a blackout, because .RichTextBoxIndentToTab = "False" and .RichTextBoxIndentToTab = "" shows the same result. But it's not a method, but a property and "" is "False". Puuh, time to finish for today :)

Sunday, January 08, 2017 10:26 PM
    Answerer