none
[MS-TDS] Token Stream Done Token - CurCmd RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a list of current CurCmd values?

I see 0xC1 looks like it relates to select but is there a documented list of possible values?

Thanks,

Ed
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Ed,

First of all, sorry for the delay.

The value in CurCmd is controlled by upper layer (in our case, SQL Server Engine). New values have been added to the list from time to time when Engine introduces new features. TDS layer never cares/checks/validates the values.

You can get the values from our netmon parser (np.npl) since it currently contains a list of them but, it’s not guaranteed that we would maintain it in future.

We are planning to add reference to this information on the TDS document either as a Windows Behavior or as a link to an informative article (KB). We are in the works to figure out the best way to address this particular situation.

I'll keep you posted through this thread.

Thanks and regards,

SEBASTIAN CANEVARI - MSFT Senior SEE Protocol Documentation Team
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Ed,

Thank you for your question regarding [MS-TD}! Someone from the Protocol Documentation team will be contacting you soon to begin working with you on this question.

Thanks
    John Dunning
    Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Corporation US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I just wanted to let you know that I've been working on this case and as soon as I have an answer or more questions I will be contacting you

Thanks and regards,

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:52 PM
  • Hi Ed,

First of all, sorry for the delay.

The value in CurCmd is controlled by upper layer (in our case, SQL Server Engine). New values have been added to the list from time to time when Engine introduces new features. TDS layer never cares/checks/validates the values.

You can get the values from our netmon parser (np.npl) since it currently contains a list of them but, it’s not guaranteed that we would maintain it in future.

We are planning to add reference to this information on the TDS document either as a Windows Behavior or as a link to an informative article (KB). We are in the works to figure out the best way to address this particular situation.

I'll keep you posted through this thread.

Thanks and regards,

Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:08 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I just wanted to let you know that upcoming versions of the document will reflect this detail.

The text will read something close to:

CurCmd

The token of the current command. The token value is provided and controlled by the application layer which utilizes TDS. TDS layer does not evaluate the value.

Thanks and regards,

Friday, April 2, 2010 6:50 PM
  • I just posted a blog about this. Please check:

http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2010/05/19/curcmd-in-tds-done-token.aspx

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:16 PM
  • Although it is an old question, I didn't see a clear anwer

For all those that were looking for a list:

Look at: https://       searchcode/codesearch/view/10386557/

Line 1208 for an extensive list of CurCmd values

• Edited by RobFrankl Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:54 PM
    Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:53 PM