EXPR4-SP1: enabling HTML5 in "Configure HTML5 Schemas" inoperative RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed SP1. There is an item HTML5 in the standard toolbar. Clicking this item makes appear a popup window with title Configure HTML5 Schemas, with text New HTML 5 schema is currently disabled, and with one button: Enable HTML 5.

Pushing this buttin is a noop: nothing happens! What is wrong?

Peter J. Veger, Best, Netherlands
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:21 AM

All replies

• That sounds like the HTML5 Schema Add-In, which is only needed for V4 without SP1, which is probably why it appears to do nothing.

If you go to 'Tools - Page Editor Options - Authoring' yopu should see an option for HTML5 in the 'Document Type Declaration' list, and also one for 'CSS3 draft' in the CSS Schema' list.

These will set you page defaults for HTML5 authoring.

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:47 AM
  • Pushing this buttin is a noop: nothing happens!

Wow! A noop? Taking me w-a-a-a-y back to my MASM/TASM/debug days, wrangling x86 assembler code. Those were the days. A 32 MB RLL HD was a giant, and 1 MB of RAM was a waste of 384kb, since DOS couldn't recognize or use it. Still, we got a lot done with those paltry resources...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

P.S. For those who don't recognize it, a noop is assembler for No Operation, usually given in assembler as NOP. It's basically what it sounds like—a do-nothing command that just consumes CPU cycles.

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:10 PM