DTA Purge And Archive(SSODB) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In Sql Agent jobs I am Seeing two jobs 

1.DTA Purge and Archive (BizTalkDTADb)

2.DTA Purge and Archive (SSODB)

The job for first is succeded and but for 2nd its failing again and again in Job activity Monitor.

Can i Know how to configure 2 one that is for SSODB

• Edited by Anshu Kumar Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:54 AM

Answers

• As name suggests DTA Purge and Archive job is meant to purge data from DTA DB.

There isn't any job for SSO DB, also SSO DB will have important configuration related data which should not be touched(forget about purging).

So I would suggest you to look into DTA Purge and Archive job to see what exactly is the function of that job and if it is pointing to SSODB and trying to harm it, delete that job.

Below is a very good article from Microsoft which gives complete information about all the BizTalk related jobs, please have a look it will be definitely very helpful.

Description of the SQL Server Agent jobs in BizTalk Server

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:36 PM
  • DTA Purge and Archive (SSODB) really should not exist.  It is not part of a correct BizTalk installation.

Most likely, someone mis-entered the database names in BizTalk Configuration and missed this during clean up.

Leave it Disabled.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:56 AM

All replies

• DTA Purge and Archive is meant for the BizTalk DTA DB, never heard there will be one for SSODB. Can you check if someone copied the job over or do u see this OOB.

Bali ... Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:21 AM
  • DTA Purge and Archive (SSODB) really should not exist.  It is not part of a correct BizTalk installation.

Most likely, someone mis-entered the database names in BizTalk Configuration and missed this during clean up.

Leave it Disabled.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 8, 2015 2:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:56 AM
  • As name suggests DTA Purge and Archive job is meant to purge data from DTA DB.

There isn't any job for SSO DB, also SSO DB will have important configuration related data which should not be touched(forget about purging).

So I would suggest you to look into DTA Purge and Archive job to see what exactly is the function of that job and if it is pointing to SSODB and trying to harm it, delete that job.

Below is a very good article from Microsoft which gives complete information about all the BizTalk related jobs, please have a look it will be definitely very helpful.

Description of the SQL Server Agent jobs in BizTalk Server

Thanks,
    Prashant
    ----------------------------------------
    Please mark this post accordingly if it answers your query or is helpful.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:36 PM
  • I think it's too soon to Propose Answers, especially without any feedback from the Asker.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:00 PM