How to create in-app purchase Button, what do i link the button to? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created an app and i would like to create an in-app purchase button. The problem is that i dont know how to link it to the windows Store purchases. What do i link the button to? My paypal?

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:16 AM

Answers

• Windows Apps are published to the Windows Store for purchase (https://dev.windows.com/en-us/publish).  For in-app purchases, see the Windows.ApplicationModel.Store namespace. -EDIT- (Note this applies to Windows Universal Apps, not Windows Forms applications)

Now, you could potentially create your own in-app purchase experience through one of the PayPal integration services (see developer.paypal.com for info) but these are paid programs and you may find it difficult to incorporate their API into your project.  You're also tasked with securely handling the actual paid-feature delivery after the purchase as PayPal only handles the financial transaction.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I created an app and i would like to create an in-app purchase button. The problem is that i dont know how to link it to the windows Store purchases. What do i link the button to? My paypal?

What type of application would this be? Your explanation is not really helpful. I would guess that you are talking about a WebPage for a WebSite which a user clicks a button on for some reason to pay for something after browsing to the website .

La vida loca

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:22 AM
  • Windows Apps are published to the Windows Store for purchase (https://dev.windows.com/en-us/publish).  For in-app purchases, see the Windows.ApplicationModel.Store namespace. -EDIT- (Note this applies to Windows Universal Apps, not Windows Forms applications)

Now, you could potentially create your own in-app purchase experience through one of the PayPal integration services (see developer.paypal.com for info) but these are paid programs and you may find it difficult to incorporate their API into your project.  You're also tasked with securely handling the actual paid-feature delivery after the purchase as PayPal only handles the financial transaction.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:33 PM