Silverlight capture apps and expression encoder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In my project, i want to do audio live streaming using a silverlight capture application. I must use IIS publising points to stream the voice. But we can't use expression encoder assemblies in silverlight, so we can't encode voice in the client part. That's why i have a WCF web service on the server side.

Actually i'm using AudioSink and i have a byte array. On every call of the OnSample methode of the abstract class AudioSink i want to send this byte array to my WCF and use the expression encoder's methods to send the sound to a publishing point wich is manage by a IIS server.

In this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/silverlighthosting/thread/445d5b5c-0831-419a-90f6-fbe97c1698ed//2/10. Bassam_basamad2003 has posted "What i see is Microsoft Expression Encoder 3 SDK, it encodes only a file path, so what if i have a byte of array", but their wasn't any reply.

Can someone know how to use the byte array for encoding with the Expression encoder API ? Do i have to convert this byte array or somthing like this ? Is thiere a solution to set audioSink voice record of the client part, and set it as source for LiveJob encoding ?

Best regards, kim_r.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When I use reflector to see the method, I find out that you can't encode the byte array directly. If you want to encode it, you need to convert it to the voice again. And then use the file path as the datasource.

Hope it will help you.

Friday, March 2, 2012 4:56 AM