problem with regsvr32 mscomm32.ocx RRS feed

• Question

• when i use the run command and try to register this file regsvr32 mscomm32.ocx i get the following message. " the module "MSCOMM32.OCX" may not be compatible with the version of windows that you're running.  check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe."  And to let everyone know yet i copied the file into the system32 folder and yes i checked my module and its a x86.  By the way i have windows 7. thanks to anyone who can help.
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:39 PM

All replies

• ·      Hi Jeffrey,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

Do you resolve your question please? If yes, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Here are two suggestions for you to try:

1. After copying the MSCOMM32.OCX to C:\Windows\System32 folder, register it again: Regsvr32 MSCOMM32.OCX

2.  Try this KB: When you attempt to run Regsvr32.exe to register a 32-bit dynamic-link library (DLL) on a 64-bit version of Windows,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282747

Best regards,

Guang-ming Bian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:05 AM