SSL Not visable in EAC 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to renew an expired certificate for our SMTP in our Exchange environment and have purchased a new certificate from 123reg.  The certificate imported ok to both CAS servers but it does not show the certificate via EMC so that I can add it to the proper services.  It does however show in the server itself under Personal Certificates.  I have tried rebooting the server and it still does not show.  I have deleted it and re-added it and it adds successfully again but still does not show.  I am completely stumped what else to try.  Any help would be great!
    Friday, October 2, 2020 10:53 AM

All replies

• I think the certificate should have a private key, but while adding new on EAC it did not ask for, and while generating certificate from CSR it did not also
    Friday, October 2, 2020 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

What's the result if you use below command to check the result ?

get-exchangecertificate

According to my search, you could also try the following solution: 

Start -> Run -> MMC -> File -> Add/Remove Snap Ins -> Certificates -> Computer Certificates -> Local Computer

Browse to the personal certificate store, right click on the correct certificate, select All Tasks, and then Export.  Make sure here you choose "Export Private Key" and assign a password.  Click Next and then name the file and where you want to save it.  The file will have a .pfx extension.

Then ECP go to Servers -> Certificates -> Choose the server you want and then import the certificate.

Once this process is done just assign the services to the certificate (SMTP, POP, etc) and then restart the server if possible.  If not some say you can do an IISRESET from the command prompt and then you'll be good.

Please note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 5, 2020 6:09 AM