none
SharePoint Online Search Rest API Result Count issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've noticed that in SharePoint Online the search results has an unexpected results count discrepancy. I am using search rest api to get the result based on some conditions along with paging. I am able to see the count of the number of results for whatever i searched for – but as i step through the search result pages that count keeps changing to different numbers though search query remains same. I don't know why!

Can anyone help me to understand this issue and pointers to resolve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Monday, February 27, 2017 7:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Jaydeep,

Search results count is an estimate number by default, so we always get different count when we browse search results pages.

As a workaround, we can add more properties in the query to narrow the results.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Jaydeep,

Search results count is an estimate number by default, so we always get different count when we browse search results pages.

As a workaround, we can add more properties in the query to narrow the results.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:37 AM
  • Hi Jaydeep,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help more persons.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, March 3, 2017 9:18 AM