Lots of Bugs in WDP 64 bit!

Question

• My PC:
    Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P, Socket-AM3. Latest bios: F8. (have installed ALL previous too.)
    Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 1.8v
    AMD Phenom II X4 Quad core @ 3 Ghz.
    Gainward Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB & Western Digital Caviar® GreenPower 2x 640GB
    Chieftec Nitro Series BPS-750C 750W PSU

See attached photo, also iwe one question: When WDP is installing at PnP, is all devices working on 100% power on enumeration/detection? like CPU, GPU, MEM & PSU?
    If so there could be overheating problems, when i installed the OS in the first place.

Hope you DEV's fix these bugs for the NeXT beta!

Sincerly, Nils. (MCP)

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 12:11 PM

Answers

• hi there,

the catastrophic reliability index seems to me hardware related...i cannot think of any application/configuration causing so much windows/Application failures...maybe a stupid question, but since you mention overheating, are you sure your CPU is correctly installed/cooled? is the same setup stable with a clean install? maybe give it a try on Win7 would clarify the hardware reliability.

i'm running Win8 on 4 different configs (from coreDuo to corei7) with absolutely nothing comparable...

hope you can fix this to enjoy this build and forecoming ones.

Keep us posted.

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:06 PM
  •  

Hi Pierre, im pretty sure its my GPU card, because my CPU, MEM and Audio Components are working great. (stress tested cpu and mem)

But my 650W PSU went dead just recently, and i got a New 750W free of charge, luckily i dont think my Mainboard is damaged in any way.

So im gonna buy a brand New GPU card (again!) when beta1 is out, hopefully beta1 is less buggy than win95/winME :)

Keep up with the good work MS!

Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:35 AM

All replies

• Iow2speed,

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

In case the link above gets messed up, the URL is below:

ADD1-RY34-K4T4
    (
    https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4)

The last link goes to: How do I install the Windows Feedback Tool and file a bug

If there are any questions let us know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:46 PM
  •  

I'we maually enabled: auto check for s & send a data if needed on the action center, sadly only the newest BSOD have been sent to MS, because iwe used Disk Cleanup. Iwe not installed any tweak apps, because WDP doesnt boot to login, and safe mode or rescue center doesnt work properly (sys restore service doesnt start)

So iwe havent done any tweaking of the OS.

I really hope you guys fix a bunch of bugs before NeXT beta and especially RTM! i have no peripheral Devices like Cameras, Printers and so on. (only mouse/kb.)

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:05 PM
  • hi there,

the catastrophic reliability index seems to me hardware related...i cannot think of any application/configuration causing so much windows/Application failures...maybe a stupid question, but since you mention overheating, are you sure your CPU is correctly installed/cooled? is the same setup stable with a clean install? maybe give it a try on Win7 would clarify the hardware reliability.

i'm running Win8 on 4 different configs (from coreDuo to corei7) with absolutely nothing comparable...

hope you can fix this to enjoy this build and forecoming ones.

Keep us posted.

PierrE.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:06 PM
  •  

Hi Pierre, im pretty sure its my GPU card, because my CPU, MEM and Audio Components are working great. (stress tested cpu and mem)

But my 650W PSU went dead just recently, and i got a New 750W free of charge, luckily i dont think my Mainboard is damaged in any way.

So im gonna buy a brand New GPU card (again!) when beta1 is out, hopefully beta1 is less buggy than win95/winME :)

Keep up with the good work MS!

Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:35 AM
  • hi there low2speed,

hope this fixes it, cause it's a hefty investment nowadays :)

i surely hope your motherboard is ok and hope you can enjoy your Win8 soon enough!

best regards,

PierrE.

Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:56 PM