none
App product listing showing incorrect currency

Question

• I have an App that has already been published to the Store some time ago.

The App and its product listings are all published to only 1 market.

Today, when I run the App on one of my testing Windows 10 desktop, the product listings are shown

in a currency different from the currency of the single market that I specified in the product listing.

The Windows 10 Settings -> Time & Lannguage -> Region & Language -> Country or region show a correct region.

Any idea what is going wrong ?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Firstly, please check Markets and custom prices to see if you have followed the correct path to set your custom prices for your app in specific markets.

It can be either you fail to make your app published to only 1 market since your app should be offered at its base price (in the local currency of that market). Or it can be related to your device location, could you try it on another device? You can also check it in your Dashboard .

If the problem persists, you can contact Dev Center support to have a further investigation for your app.  Please click "Submit an incident" on the right side of that page so that you'll be assisted appropriately.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 7:10 AM
  • Thanks. I have submitted a report using the "Dev Center support".
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:30 AM
  • I think it is good to share my observation here.

The incorrect currency being shown on the product listings is related to one input language that is added to the Desktop Windows 10. The incorrect currency is used by this particular language (the name of the language indicates a particular country).

If that language is added, the incorrect currency would be shown 24 hours afterwards on the product listings.

If that language is removed, the correct currency would be shown again 24 hours afterwards.

Please note that the Windows 10 Settings -> Time & Lannguage -> Region & Language -> Country or region remains the same all the time ( the correct currency is for this region)

Please also note that when that particular language is added, it was not set as the default language.

Within the UWP App, the currency and price used are CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync().CurrentMarket and 

ProductListing.FormattedPrice respectively

Please also note that when the incorrect currency is used, the FormattedPrice is also adjusted (Not the same values as when the correct currency is used).

So, I wonder if it is a bug on Microsoft's side.

• Edited by kfchengkf Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:27 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:25 AM