none
Linking excel files to dropdown list in infopath

Question

• Hi,

I have a infopath form which have a dropdown list. What i am thinking is to when i selected one option in dropdown list, it will be connected to an excel template and will automatically open.

sample of dropdown list option:

Create Customer

Edit Customer

Templates:

Create Customer.xlxs

Edit Customer.xlxs

Thanks!!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:02 AM

Answers

• What you want to do is create a section:

Then put your hyperlink field in the section. Set a rule on the section so that if your dropdown field = "this," then hide the section:

Do that for the values you don't want the link to show for. That way, when a user chooses the value you want, the section will appear.

cameron rautmann

• Marked as answer by Gelo123 Monday, January 23, 2017 4:05 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Gelo- as far as I know that's not possible. The only thing you could do is use a link. What you could do is set a rule so that if dropdown value = Create Customer, then show a field with the appropriate link. But the user would have to click the link for it to actually open.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 3:57 PM
  • Dear Cameron,

I appreciate your reply. I will try your suggestion and will explore infopath functionalities as well.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Hi Cameron!

Thank you for this reply. I have navigated the hyperlink but cant seem to work it out.

Can you provide sampl example?

I have stored my templates in one document library.

Thanks in advance!

Friday, January 20, 2017 6:41 AM
  • What you want to do is create a section:

Then put your hyperlink field in the section. Set a rule on the section so that if your dropdown field = "this," then hide the section:

Do that for the values you don't want the link to show for. That way, when a user chooses the value you want, the section will appear.

cameron rautmann

• Marked as answer by Gelo123 Monday, January 23, 2017 4:05 AM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 1:04 PM
  • Dear Cameron,

Thank you for your explanation! worked well and found another way to ddo it too! ^^

Monday, January 23, 2017 4:06 AM