Output Format of a Video Device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am an absolute beginner in Media Foundation so I have a basic question. I am trying to find out the output format of a video device(my webcam) and print it out on screen. I want to figure out the major type and the subtype. So I want something like { MFMediaType_Video, MFVideoFormat_RGB32 }.

This is what I have:

BYTE* my_name=NULL;
    UINT32 size=0;

//m_ppDevices is a valid video capture device(webcam)	
    m_ppDevices->GetBlobSize(MF_DEVSOURCE_ATTRIBUTE_MEDIA_TYPE, &size);	

my_name = new BYTE[size];

m_ppDevices->GetBlob(MF_DEVSOURCE_ATTRIBUTE_MEDIA_TYPE,my_name, size,NULL);

std::cout<<my_name<<std::endl;

This prints out "vids". Which is fine for my "Major Type". I just can't get the subtype. Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

what kind of interface is m_ppDevices ? It looks like it would be an IMFAttributes one, but you wrote its a capture device ? An attribute store is no capture device.

Wherever you got that attributes from, lets assume u got the right store there, couldnt you just do IMFAttributes->GetItem to retrieve the subtype of video ? The code sample here should do it, and i think that GetBlob just calls MFGetAttributesAsBlob internaly to write the attributes into an array like the documentary says here. If u want a specific attribute why not call for it instead of writing all attributes into a array.

regards

coOKie

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 11:17 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Francis Grave Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:57 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:55 AM