none
Build fails after installing updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just downloaded and installed updates for WEC7.

After this I tried to rebuild my OS Design ( Rebuild <My_OS_Design> )

But this failed during the SYSGEN phase of the build, and the error is in a file that I haven't touched myself, so I am sure that  it is coming with the updates.

The error is in the file:

BUILD: [01:0000002515:ERRORE] c:\wince700\platform\common\src\soc\mx53_fsl_v3\accelerometer\mdd\accdevice.cpp(122) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void (__cdecl *)(DWORD,ACC_DATA *)' to 'PFN_ACC_MDD_PROCESSSAMPLE' {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(22670)"}

This file is not used in my project, but comes with the Platform Builder.

How do I fix this, since multiple updates were downloaded and installed I cannot pinpoint which update caused this problem.

Thanks

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a BSP related error as the error is in accelerometer source.

Just typecast the RHS to PFN_ACC_MDD_PROCESSSAMPLE. I am guessing you are using i.MX53 BSP.

In this case this is what the compiler expects:

callbackInfo.pfnAccMddProcessSample = (PFN_ACC_MDD_PROCESSSAMPLE)AccMddProcessSample;

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balaji.

• Marked as answer by Derek_81 Friday, February 1, 2013 1:34 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a BSP related error as the error is in accelerometer source.

Just typecast the RHS to PFN_ACC_MDD_PROCESSSAMPLE. I am guessing you are using i.MX53 BSP.

In this case this is what the compiler expects:

callbackInfo.pfnAccMddProcessSample = (PFN_ACC_MDD_PROCESSSAMPLE)AccMddProcessSample;

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Balaji.

Monday, January 28, 2013 12:45 PM
  • Hi Balaji,

Thanks for the reply.

This is what is surprising to me, as I am not using the iMX53 BSP.

Also, even when I do SYSGEN build, the build fails with the same error.

From what I understand, SYSGEN should build the components that come with Windows Platform Builder and not the Platform/BSP source code.

So how is this error coming when I doing just a SYSGEN Build.

BTW I also checked my catalog items , "Core OS" -> "Windows Embedded Compact" -> "Device Drivers" -> "Accelerometer Driver" is UNCHECKED

Thanks

• Edited by Derek_81 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:04 AM add some more info
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Hi,

When you do SYSGEN by selecting from the menu / use blddemo-q it will link and copy all the OS  components and place in OS design - sysgen folder.

Also the build phase starts and does build of BSP source code in PLATCOMMON and BSP specific folders.

Unchecking the catalog item may not help as the source code is still present and compiled. You need to exclude the source from build if you don't really need the source code.

Regards,

Balaji.

• Unmarked as answer by Derek_81 Friday, February 1, 2013 1:34 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:29 AM
  • Thanks Balaji,

I did the typecast and that worked,

Though what surprised me is that this particular part of file didn't change with the updates. It was no typecasted before the updates and the OS Image was compiling just fine.

Thanks

Friday, February 1, 2013 1:37 PM