none
2010 or 2013 Exchange mail rediredtion question RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone ever tried to somehow either in 2010 or 2013 to make exchange save certain emails to a folder on a computer.  Im trying to have it so when emails come into an alias those email are striped of their attachments and then those attachments are then dumped into a folder on my computer or a network computer?

Any advise would be helpful

Thank you

Friday, December 20, 2013 7:00 PM

All replies

• Is this only for your account, or multiple accounts?  If it's strictly for yours, you could utilize the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook assembly on a repeated scheduled task to scan your folder for new items that met a particular criteria.  If you're needing to complete this action for multiple mailboxes, I would have to say EWS would be your only option.  There could possibly be a third party add-on out there for your Outlook client that might take care of this as well, but I'm not aware of it (and assume it would have an associated cost as well).
    Friday, December 20, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Sometimes keeping things simpler helps. You said these posts come to an alias. You can also make another mailbox for that alias alone, in that case only basic rule creating is needed.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 10:58 PM
  • It would be for multiple accounts sending email to an alias.  So when the emails get to that alias then I have to figure out somehow to remove everything from that message except the attachment and then have that attachment go into a shared directory on a computer.

Friday, December 20, 2013 11:33 PM
  • I thought about that as well but, they wanted it to go into a directory on a computer.  But I understand where your going with it.

Friday, December 20, 2013 11:35 PM