none
Windows 8 usbser.sys driver based device certification ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've already done CDC device certification for Win7 x64 and have digital signed driver. Now I've tried to do the same with Win8 x64 and an error has occured - I couldn't certified uncertified driver (!). So I got my signed driver for Win7, then all tests passed, but right now I cannot add digital signature to hcx package. Driver is based on usbser.sys, so in fact it's only my unique .inf file. So my questions are:

1) Is it neccessary to add digital sign to hcx package if I'd already signed driver for Win7?

2) Why I cannot certify driver that I certified for Win7 without any problem (did I have to change .inf file for win8)? 

Thanks in advance,

jm

Monday, February 11, 2013 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi JM,

If you want to use your INF file on Windows8 for USBSER.SYS then you'd need to test your INF same as how you did on WIndows7 x64 and get the new signed cat file. Windows7 signed cat file may or may not work on Windows8. We'd suggest you to get new cat file for WIndows8.

What error you are getting on Windows8? Please send your HCKx file to sysdev@microsoft.com .

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi JM,

If you want to use your INF file on Windows8 for USBSER.SYS then you'd need to test your INF same as how you did on WIndows7 x64 and get the new signed cat file. Windows7 signed cat file may or may not work on Windows8. We'd suggest you to get new cat file for WIndows8.

What error you are getting on Windows8? Please send your HCKx file to sysdev@microsoft.com .

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:46 PM
  • So, I've done new .cat file with selfsign/inf2cat and when trying to certificate there is an error with Device Status Check:

WDTF_TEST : ERROR : Found a device that has a non-zero problem code or is phantom. Logging device info.

And below:

WDTF_TEST : Status: Status Flags=0x1802400 (DN_HAS_PROBLEM DN_DISABLEABLE DN_NT_ENUMERATOR DN_NT_DRIVER) Problem Code=34 (CM_PROB_UNSIGNED_DRIVER)

Well, I'll send You .hckx file that I cannot certify.

Thanks,

jm

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:42 AM