DssProxy is locking VS RRS feed

• Question

• When building in visual studio, on the second build visual studio locks. In process explorer, I see DssProxy.exe is what is locking it. It is impossible to end task, and it is also impossible to completely shut down the computer, it requires to be powered off.

This just recently started to happen. I haven't altered anything in post build step
    Monday, June 8, 2009 5:18 AM

Answers

• I have (only rarely) seen some strange behavior in Visual Studio where it locks files against itself. Closing VS and then opening it again solves the problem. I think it loses its mind temporarily :-)  However I have never seen it lock the whole PC.

Trevor
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:33 AM

All replies

• This is a very strange problem. What version of RDS are you using? Are you building one of the samples? If not, can you please try a sample to determine whether the problem is specific to your project or affects other projects as well?

Trevor
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 8:10 PM
  • thanks Trevor, I think this was a Windows 7 bug. it went away. touching the proxy file in windows explorer completely locked windows explorer. 

everything is fine now
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:29 AM
  • I have (only rarely) seen some strange behavior in Visual Studio where it locks files against itself. Closing VS and then opening it again solves the problem. I think it loses its mind temporarily :-)  However I have never seen it lock the whole PC.

Trevor
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:33 AM